Pneumatic Mining Low Pressure Diaphragm Pump With Butterfly Valves
OPERATING AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
Before you install, operate or maintain our products, please read
our information carefully.
Operation and safety prevention
Read, understand and follow this information to avoid injury and
The input air pressure should not exceed the marked max. air
pressure on our model plate.
- Make sure pumps’ air inlet are connected with the sufficient
capacity and the air pressure goes to the designed air source.
- Clean compressed air will help you extend the service life of your
If your air pipeline is hard, should use a hoses between our pumps
and the hard pipeline to reduce the vibration and distortion.
(Suggest to use a pressure stabilizer or a fluid buffer to reduce
the pulse of the fluid )
- The weight of the air inlet pipe and the pressure regulating filter
should be supported, if can not be supported there will be damaged
to the pumps.,
- Pumps’ air inlet should be installed a pressure regulating valve to
make sure the supplied air pressure doesn’t exceed the limits.
- Do not make your pumps working in the EXCESSIVE AIR PRESSURE in a
long time. Can cause pump damage, personal injury or property
- Make sure the hoses and other components can endure the fluid
pressure of the pumps. Check all hoses for are not damage or worn.
To ensure that the distribution device is clean and reliable.
Can cause explosion resulting in severe injury or death. Ground
pump and pumping system.
- Sparks can ignite flammable material and vapors.
- Secure pump, connections and all contact points to avoid vibration
and generation of contact or static spark.
- To use the correct ventilation equipment..
- To make flammable items away from heat, open flames and sparks.
- When not in use, please close the container.
- Pump exhaust may contain contaminants. Can cause severe injury.
Pipe exhaust away from work area and personnel.
- In the event of a diaphragm rupture material can be forced out of
the air exhaust muffler.
- Pipe the exhaust to a safe remote location when pumping hazardous
or inflammable materials.
- Useagrounded3/8”minimum i.d.hose between the pump and the muffler.
HAZARDOUS PRESSURE. Can result in serious injury or property
damage.Do not service or clean pump,hoses or dispensing valve while
the system is pressurized.Disconnect air supply line and relieve
pressure from the system by opening dispensing valve or device and
/ or carefully and slowly loosening and removing outlet hose or
piping from pump.
HAZARDOUSMATERIALS. Can cause serious injury or property damage.Do
not attempt to return a pump to the factory or service center that
contains hazardous material. Safe handling practices must comply
with local and national laws and safety code requirements.
- Obtain Material Safety Data Sheets on all materials from the
supplier for proper handling instructions.
EXPLOSION HAZARD.Models containing aluminum wetted parts cannot be
used with 1,1,1-trichloroethane, methylene chloride or other
halogenated hydrocarbon solvents which may react and explode.
- Check pump motor section, fluid caps, manifolds and all wetted
parts to assure compatibility before using with solvents of this
- Try to place the pumps nearby the destination to ensure the insert
pipe to be shortest and the quantities of the components to be
- In order to extend the service life of your pumps, please try to
place the pumps nearby your liquid tank. When the inlet pressure
over 10inch (3 meters) will need to install a set of slow down
pressure adjusting device to extend the lifespan of the diaphragm.
- Ensure the joints of the inlet and outlet for the liquid are
- Before using your pumps, please re-tighten all fastenings to
prevent loosening because of the seal device creep. effectively
prevent leakage of liquid or air.
Verify the chemical compatibility of the pump wetted parts and the
substance being pumped, flushed or recirculated. Chemical
compatibility may change with temperature and concentration of the
chemical(s) within the substances being pumped, flushed or
circulated. For specific fluid compatibility, consult the chemical
Maximum temperatures are based on mechanical stress only. Certain
chemicals will significantly reduce maximum safe operating
temperature. Consult the chemical manufacturer for chemical
compatibility and temperature limits.
Be certain all operators of this equipment have been trained for
safe working practices, understand it’s limitations, and wear
safety goggles / equipment when required.
Do not use the pump for the structural support of the piping
system. Be certain the system components are
properly supported to prevent stress on the pump parts.
- Suctionanddischargeconnectionsshouldbeflexibleconnections(such as
hose),not rigid piped,and should be compatible with the substance
Prevent unnecessary damage to the pump. Do not allow pump to
operate when out of material for long periods of time.
- The material that remains in the pump will be dry or glued to the
pump, which will cause problems for the diaphragm and the valve
before the next start. Materials may be frozen at low temperature.
Therefore, in any case, the pump must be drained after use.
- To prepare the appropriate components in hand is a effective way to
reduce pumps’ downtime for users. To use BSK’ authentic components
will be beneficial for pumps’ lifespan and performance.
The BSK diaphragm pump offers high volume delivery even at low air
pressure and a broad range of material compatibility options
available. BSK pumps feature stall resistant design, modular air
motor / fluid sections.
Air operated double diaphragm pumps utilize a pressure differential
in the air chambers to alternately create suction and positive
fluid pressure in the fluid chambers, ball checks insure a positive
flow of fluid.
After ventilation, the pump stars to run, and the output pressure
reaches the desired output. When the pressure in the output reaches
the maximum limits(equivalent both of the inlet&outlet be
closed) Pump will stop running. Once the pressure in the pipeline
is less than the maximum valve the pump will resume operation..
Compressed air and lubrication requirements
EXCESSIVE AIR PRESSURE. Can cause pump damage, personal injury or
- A filter capable of filtering out particles larger than 50 microns
should be used on the air supply. There is no lubrication required
other than the “O” ring lubricant which is applied during assembly
- If lubricated air is present,make sure that it is compatible with
the“O”rings and seals in the air motor section of the pump.
- Always flush the pump with a solvent compatible with the material
being pumped if the material being pumped is subject to “setting
up” when not in use for a period of time.
- Disconnect the air supply from the pump if it is to be inactive for
a few hours.
- The outlet material volume is governed not only by the air supply
but also by the material supply available at the inlet. The
material supply tubing should not be too small or restrictive. Be
sure not to use hose which might collapse.
- When the diaphragm pump is used in a forced-feed (flooded inlet)
situation, it is recommended that a “Check Valve” be installed at
the air inlet.
- Refer to the part views in the assembly chart for the parts’ number
and name to understand the information of the part and service
- Parts which marked with “Vulnerable parts”, to prepare these parts
in hand will help you save time for fast maintenance and reduce
- Maintenance service kits’ functions are separated into 2
independent sections: 1, Air kits; 2, Wet kits. Wet kits will be
further subdivided to match the material options for typical parts.
- Provide a clean work surface to protect sensitive internal moving
parts from contamination from dirt and foreign matter during
service disassembly and reassembly.
- Keep good records of service activity and include pump in
preventive maintenance program.
- Before disassembling, empty captured material in the outlet
manifold by turning the pump upside down to drain material from the
Diaphragm pump maintenance resetting attention points.
- All sealed parts and the connected positions need to be coated with
- All re-use sealed parts need to be checked if there has damage If
there has damage on the surface, please to use a new one.
- The lip direction of the lip shape seal ring need to install to the
directed direction on the chart.
- Bolts on the fluid cap need to be fastened alternating to ensure
the better sealing effect..
1.Air outlet has fluid when pumping
Check if the diaphragm be damaged
Check if the diaphragm bolts loosening
2.The output fluid has bubble
Check the suction pipe joints are well sealed
Check the suction pipe and fluid inlet are well sealed
Check the ring between fluid inlet and fluid cap are with O-ring
Check the diaphragm bolts are fastened
3.Pumping capacity is low
Check if the air supply is stable
Check whether the inlet and outlet is blocked
Check the joint to the fluid inlet is sealed and not leakage
Check if the ball stick to the ball seat or ball seat is not
4. Without reciprocating motion, the air flow is discharged from
the exhaust port
Check the sealed ring of the main air valve
Check the sealed ring of the pilot rod valve
Check the sealed ring of the diaphragm rod